The Heart of Behavior training supports staff in following effective procedures to meet the requirements of IDEA and subsequent case law. Guided by the principles of the science of behavior, participants will learn to develop plans that will lead to meaningful and long-term change in students’ lives. The Heart of Behavior training guides participants through the FBA and BIP process with instruction in the following components:
Functional Behavior Assessment
- Records Review
- Indirect Assessment
- Direct Assessment
- Functional Hypothesis
Behavior Intervention Plan
- Competing Behavior Pathway
- Behavior Goals
- Setting Event/Antecedent Strategies
- Consequence/Reinforcement Strategies
Heart of Behavior Overview
- Two days of in depth training in the FBA and BIP processes, including progress monitoring for effectiveness of interventions.
- For district-wide training an additional day of cohort training to further develop the practices of FBA and BIP development in district.
- Access to the Heart of Behavior Quality Indicator Document to measure implementation and indicate progress over time.
- A complete Heart of Behavior manual full of resources, templates and information for all participants.
- An electronic download including copies of all templates, and reproducible materials.
- Access to the Heart of Behavior trainers for support and feedback through email during the first year of implementation.
- For district-wide training, on-site coaching visits to support staff may be included. Onsite visits could include the following: staff observations, implementation feedback, conducting quality indicators audit, and developing action plans for continuous improvement.