Cultivating the Classroom training supports teachers in developing procedures and routines to promote prosocial behavior in their classroom. This training assists teachers in aligning classroom procedures to the school wide expectations. By aligning these expectations to specific classroom procedures, students are able to fully define for themselves the concepts of safe, respectful, and responsible. Cultivating the Classroom is primarily focused on preventative strategies, but will also empower teachers with strategies to address misbehavior in the classroom, in order to preserve academic instructional time.
Cultivating the Classroom Overview
- A full day of training for personnel in cultivating classroom procedures and routines that are aligned with school wide expectations.
- Participants will engage in discussion and application of each concept within their own classroom setting.
- Participants will leave the training with their own classroom plan for implementation.
- Access to the Classroom Quality Indicator document to measure implementation and indicate progress over time.
- A complete Cultivating the Classroom training manual full of resources, templates and information for each participant.
- An electronic download with of all templates and reproducible materials.
- Access to ETE trainers for support and feedback through email during the first year of implementation.
- On-site coaching visits maybe be added as needed. Onsite visits could include the following: staff observations, implementation feedback, conducting quality indicators audit, and developing action plans for continuous improvement.